Did you know that since December 31, a gradual reform of Regulation 31-103 on Registration Requirements, Exemptions and Ongoing Registrant Obligations has started, to be completed by 2021?
Here are some points to keep in mind regarding this reform:
– The addition of the fundamental requirement to give priority to the interests of the client
– The addition of restrictions relating to conflicts of interest
– The addition of a minimum frequency of revision for a client file
– The addition of restrictions on the evaluation of products for a company
– The addition of the need to deeply understand the titles
– The addition of the need to provide an explanation on the impact of fees
– The ban on representatives from using honorary titles
Are you ready for the reform?
Article published by Finance & Investissement (Oct. 2019 – French Only): https://www.finance-investissement.com/edition-papier/nouvelles-edition-papier/soulagement-et-pain-sur-la-planche/