In January 2015, Equisoft published its White Paper CRM2. Below is a resume of important points to consider:
- 40% of investors are unaware of the fees, commissions, MER’s and trailer fees that are subtracted from their portfolios. 1/3 of them may be aware of the trailer fees and trailing commissions;
- Added performance scrutiny may lead to lower than expected returns in the coming years;
- The role of the advisor will change. Some see advisors morphing in relationship managers who focus on financial planning and leaving portfolio management to others;
- Fee-based will be the normed in 2016;
- It will be critical for advisors to better market themselves;
- Financial planning will increase in importance. Advisors with a financial planning component will have an advantage over others.
To read the entire piece, visit https://www.equisoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/White-paper-CRM2-EN.pdf